Please review the entire Policy and contact us if you have any questions. By using the Sites, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of information in accordance with the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use our Sites. The Financial Health Network reserves the right to update or change this Policy at any time.
Personal Information We Collect
- Information that you provide to us by completing forms or surveys on our Sites, including information provided at the time of registering to attend our conferences or events, including any EMERGE Live digital events, registering to use our EMERGE Digital online platform, registering as a Sustaining Member or a Supporting Member, registering for access to our datasets, or subscribing to newsletters, updates, and other communications, such as contact details, name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Information that you share through our Sites by using our services including any personal information in the data that you share;
- Information about your interaction with our Sites and services, including home server domain name, IP address, repository ID, geographic location, account activity, license information, and type of computer, operating system, and web browser used to access our Sites;
- Information you provide to us when you contact us for customer or technical support;
- Information that you provide to us when carrying out transactions through our Sites including payment details such as credit card information and billing address;
- Information we receive from third party search engines relating to your search activity;
- Details of your visits to our Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the pages and resources that you access, including the date of access;
- Information you provide to us when you register for events, request information or materials, and participate in promotions, contests or giveaways; and
- Information you provide when you submit questions or comments to us.
How We Use Personal Information
Data collected by the Financial Health Network will be used by the Financial Health Network exclusively for purposes for which, and consistent with the way in which, it was collected or submitted, such as to:
- create and maintain your account;
- process, fulfill, and follow-up on your attendance at or participation in events or conferences, including any EMERGE Live digital events;
- process your account registration, including for the EMERGE Digital online platform or as a Sustaining Member or Supporting Member;
- answer your questions;
- send you newsletters, updates, and other communications that you have requested; and
- send you information about our services and resources.
- Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
- The Financial Health Network will not sell, share, rent, or disclose to third parties any personally identifying information, such as names, mailing address, email addresses, telephone numbers, and other personal information which you voluntarily provide to us, unless we secure your permission to do so, except to:
- provide the services you have requested;
- comply with applicable laws or valid legal processes; and
- protect the Financial Health Network’s intellectual property and other legal rights.
Personal information that you provide voluntarily is only available to our employees managing this information and to contracted service providers for the purposes of providing services relating to our communications with you. Names, mailing addresses, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers provided by users may be added to the Financial Health Network’s databases and used for future communications regarding Site updates, new products and services, upcoming events, and other matters.
We may, from time to time, send you newsletters, updates and other communications regarding our services and events. The Financial Health Network works with third-party vendors to provide users with its newsletter and communications services. While these vendors will have access to your personally identifiable information in order to provide email services, they are required to maintain the privacy of all information in their control. You may opt out of receiving any the Financial Health Network newsletters, updates, or other emails by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of each email and following the subsequent instructions.
Registration for the Financial Health Network Sites
Registration is not required to access our Sites, except the EMERGE Digital online platform. Any requests to access the Financial Health Network’s research data should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Information Shared in Public Forums
The Financial Health Network may provide bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms on its Sites. Any personal information you choose to submit in such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums, and may be used to send you unsolicited messages. The Financial Health Network is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
You may opt out of having your personal information collected by the Financial Health Network by not completing online forms, signing up for services, or creating an account. To opt out after submitting personal information, users must contact us at email@example.com. To request that we delete personal information that you have previously provided to us, users may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will endeavor promptly to delete such information at your request.
If you want to stop using your account you may deactivate it. When you deactivate an account, you will not be able to use our services and your information will not be capable of being viewed through our Sites. You may also request that the Financial Health Network remove from its database any personally identifiable information you had previously provided. However, even after you submit a request to delete your information or deactivate your account, copies of your information including but not limited to name and email address may be retained by us as backup copies for legal and compliance reasons.
Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Information
Users may modify, correct, change, update, obtain a summary of their personal records, or cause their personal records to be removed from our database by contacting us via the mailing address, email (to email@example.com) or telephone number listed below. In response to such a request, the Financial Health Network will send personal records only to the email or mailing address on file for the username associated with it.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our Sites may contain links to other websites. The Financial Health Network does not endorse, and is not responsible for, the privacy practices or the content of such other websites. We do not review or control such websites and suggest that you review the privacy policies of these websites before accessing.
Collection of Personal Data from Children
The Financial Health Network does not attempt to collect personal information from children. Personal information sent to the Financial Health Network, such as an email, which appears to be from a child, will be deleted. The Financial Health Network cannot always determine if a visitor to its Sites or the sender of an e-mail is a child, but will use our best efforts to do so.
Security and Protection of Personal Information
All personal information you provide to us through our Sites is stored on secure servers operated by us or our third party providers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. In addition, the Financial Health Network and its business partners enter into confidentiality agreements which require that care and precautions be taken to guard against loss, misuse, or disclosure of your personal information. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you not share your password with anyone. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will employ reasonable procedures and security features to guard against unauthorized access.
Reporting of Data Breaches
We make reasonable efforts to monitor and detect any data breach affecting personal information. In the unlikely event that a data breach results in the disclosure of your personal information to third parties, we will make all reasonable efforts to inform you.
Amendments to Policy
How to Contact Us
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the following address:
Financial Health Network
135 S. LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60603