Authority and Capacity
Types of Users
Our Sites allow Users registered at various levels to access some or all of our resources and other materials, to register for our events, or subscribe to our services, including:
- Individuals and organizations who are invited by invitation-only as part of our Sustaining Membership (formerly known as Core Membership);
- Financial service innovators who are registered as Supporting Membership (formerly known as Digital Membership);
- Attendees of our EMERGE Live digital events or conferences and users of our EMERGE Digital online platform, subject to our Terms of Participation;
- Individuals and organizations who are interested in learning more about the Financial Health Network and subscribe to receive our newsletters, updates or other communications; and
- Unregistered visitors who are not provided with login information, but still access our website.
All of the above are collectively referred to as “Users.” Any requests to access the Financial Health Network’s research data should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of Our Sites
You agree not to use our Sites in any way that is unlawful or harms the Financial Health Network, its affiliates or any other Users. You must not use our Sites in any way that breaches any code of conduct or policy. Without limiting the generality of this section, you must not use our Sites in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any part of our Sites or interfere with any other party’s use of our Sites. When you use our Sites, you will comply at all times with all applicable international, federal, state and local laws, statutes, regulations, and ordinances and will not take any action that harms or violates the rights of any other person or entity.
Use of Site Content
In furtherance of the Financial Health Network’s mission to further the public debate on important financial issues, the Content on our Sites may be accessed, printed, displayed, downloaded, and distributed for personal, educational, news reporting, or other policy purposes, provided that all copies display all copyright and other applicable notices to the extent such notices are contained in such Content. Further, you agree to refrain from using the Content in any manner that implies, suggests, or could otherwise be perceived as attributing a particular policy, lobbying objective or opinion to the Financial Health Network. You must also provide proper attribution to the Financial Health Network in connection with your use of any Content. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
You may not copy, reproduce, create derivatives of, modify, distribute, broadcast, transmit, publish, license, transfer, sell, or otherwise exploit the Content for a fee or for other commercial purposes except pursuant to a separate written agreement with the Financial Health Network. If you wish to use any Content for any commercial purpose or any purpose not permitted by this Agreement, please contact us at email@example.com.
You are responsible for all activity that occurs within your profile on our Sites. This means that you will:
- have sole responsibility for the accuracy, quality, integrity, legality, reliability, and appropriateness of all Personal Information;
- update your account and Personal Information as necessary to ensure that it is accurate and complete;
- refrain from misrepresenting your identity or any other information disclosed during the registration and subscription processes, impersonating another person or entity, or misrepresenting your affiliation with another person or entity, which can all result in termination of your ability to use our Sites;
- prevent unauthorized access to, or use of the Sites using your account or profile and notify the Financial Health Network of any such unauthorized access or use, this includes keeping your username and password in a safe location; and
- refrain from violating or encouraging others to violate, infringe or misappropriate any right of or obligation to a third party, including any intellectual property, proprietary, confidentiality, or privacy rights.
You understand and acknowledge that:
- You must not use our Sites or any of the Content to collect information about other users of the Sites or for the transmission of advertising or promotional materials, including junk mail, spam, or any other form of unsolicited or unwelcome solicitation;
- You must not use our Sites in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, disrupt, or impair the Sites, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of our Sites, including by uploading or otherwise disseminating any virus, adware, spyware, worm or other malicious code, or interfering with or disrupting any network, equipment, or server connected to or used to provide access to our sites, or violating any regulation, policy, or procedure of any network, equipment, or server;
- You must not post or transmit content or information on or through our Sites that is harmful, offensive, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, defamatory, hateful or otherwise discriminatory, false or misleading, or incites an illegal act;
- You must not use or attempt to use another’s account or personal information;
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our Sites, or the computer systems or networks connected to our Sites, through hacking, password mining or any other means; and
- You must not systematically extract data contained in the Sites to populate databases for internal or external use.
You acknowledge that ownership of all right, title and interest to the Financial Health Network intellectual property, which shall include without limitation, all trademarks and copyright, including, in all Content, research, reports, and resources, and the components and source code of our Sites and any features, shall remain vested solely in the Financial Health Network. You further acknowledge that ownership of any improvements to our Sites or any new programs, upgrades, modifications or enhancements, even when such refinements result from your submission, feedback, or request, are and shall remain vested solely in the Financial Health Network.
The Financial Health Network respects the intellectual property and proprietary rights of others and we ask you do the same. You should assume that all text, designs, graphics and images that you find on our Sites are subject to copyright, trademark, or other intellectual or proprietary rights. You authorize the Financial Health Network to cooperate with intellectual property owners who claim that you have infringed or may infringe on their proprietary rights. This cooperation includes, but is not limited to, disclosing your Personal Information and alleged infringing material to the intellectual property owner or its agent and destroying all alleged infringing material.
Unless otherwise specified, the Content on our Sites is © , the Financial Health Network. All rights reserved. Removing or altering this copyright notice on any Content on the Sites is prohibited.
The following trademarks: FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK (and the following trademarks reflecting its former names: THE FINANCIAL INNOVATIONS CENTER, INC., the CENTER FOR FINANCIAL SERVICES INNOVATION, INC., THE CENTER FOR FINANCIAL SERVICES INNOVATION, and CFSI), EMERGE CONSUMER FINANCIAL HEALTH FORUM, EMERGE FINANCIAL HEALTH FORUM, U.S. FINANCIAL HEALTH PULSE, COMPASS PRINCIPLES, FINHEALTH SCORE, FINHEALTHMATTERS, FINX, EMERGE DIGITAL, EMERGE LIVE, and EMERGE EVERYWHERE and all other names, logos, and icons identifying the Financial Health Network or its products and services are proprietary trademarks of the Financial Health Network. User use of the Financial Health Network trademarks is not permitted without obtaining permission by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Other product and company names mentioned in the Sites may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Financial Health Network takes claims of copyright infringement seriously. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Sites infringes your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) from the Sites by submitting written notification to us by email at the address below. However, we cannot and do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Sites, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
Third Party Websites
The Sites may provide links or references to third party websites, resources and content not related to the Financial Health Network. The Financial Health Network makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments or endorsements whatsoever about any third party websites or resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to our Sites. In addition, the Financial Health Network is not a party to or responsible for any transactions you may enter into with third parties, even if you learn of such parties from our Sites. It is up to you to take precautions to protect yourself from viruses, worms, and other potentially destructive programs, and to protect your Personal Information.
Assumption of Risk
You use the internet solely at your own risk and subject to all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations. While the Financial Health Network has endeavored to create secure and reliable Sites, please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from our Sites over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, the Financial Health Network is not responsible for the security of any information transmitted via the internet, the accuracy of the information contained on the Sites, or for the consequences of any reliance on such information.
Financial Health Network cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Sites will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Sites for any reconstruction of lost date.
YOUR USE OF THE SITES, THEIR CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SOFTWARE, PROGRAMS, AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES WHATSOEVER. THE FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK MAKES NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE THAT OUR SITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE SITES OR THE SERVES THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE SITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITES WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF PERMITTED BY LAW, FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUS, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITES, OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON THE SITES, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO BY THE SITES.
In no event will the Financial Health Network, its officers, directors, employees or agents be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or punitive damages of any type whatsoever related to or arising out of this agreement, any use of our Sites or any site or resource linked to, referenced, or accessed through our Sites, or for the use or downloading of, or access to, any Content, even if the Financial Health Network is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages. This exclusion and waiver of liability applies to all causes of action, whether based on contract, warranty, tort, or any other legal theories.
The Financial Health Network’s confidential information (“Confidential Information”) includes, without limitation, all materials, resources, reports, Content, research, pricing, membership lists, databases, studies, and documentation relating to or available on our Sites.
The Financial Health Network does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through our Sites. Please note that any information or material sent to the Financial Health Network will be deemed not to be confidential. By sending the Financial Health Network any information or material, you grant the Financial Health Network an unrestricted, irrevocable license to copy, reproduce, publish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, publicly display, perform, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise freely use, those materials or information.
This policy shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to conflicts of law rules, and the exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any dispute shall be in Cook County, Illinois. The Sites are controlled and operated by the Financial Health Network from its offices within the United States. The Financial Health Network makes no representation that Content on the Sites is appropriate or available for use in other locations or jurisdictions. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations or jurisdictions do so of their own volition and are responsible for compliance with applicable local and international laws. By using our Sites, you agree that any Personal Information which you provide will be treated in accordance with the laws of the United States.
Term and Termination
The Financial Health Network, in its sole discretion and without notice to you, may terminate our Sites, your access to our Sites, any feature of our Sites, or your use of any feature or Content posted on our Sites. The Financial Health Network will not be liable to you or any third party for any suspension or termination of your access to our Sites or its Content.
Limitation on Time to File Claims
ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR USE OR THE SITES MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES; OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
Financial Health Network
135 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 2125
Chicago, IL 60603